HideMyAss has more than 1000+ servers that are located in around 190 countries around the world. With a total of more than 93,000++ IP addresses, HideMyAss can cater to a lot of people around the world.
With regard to customer support, HideMyAss probably has one of the best customer support teams among all VPN systems. Though the support system is not online 24/7, it is on almost the whole day.
There is also a community site attached to the main website where customers can get answers to any of their concerns.
HideMyAss Pros & Cons
- Very simple to use because of the user-friendly interface
- Has a money-back guarantee
- Can work in all devices (Windows, Apple, Android etc.)
- System logs your connections time
HideMyAss Pricing & Plans
For the packages and the pricing, there are three packages that customers can avail of. These are the Kick-Ass package, the Half-Ass package, and the Smart-Ass package.
- Monthly: For the monthly package, you are only given one month of usage of the system. The total cost for that is $11.99 per month.
- Annual: In this package, you will be given a total of 12 months usage for only $6.99 per month. With this, your total bill will come out to $83.88 for the entire period of 12 months.
- Bi-Annual: This package is the best as well as the cheapest. You are given a full 2-year usage for only $4.99 per month. Your total bill will amount to $119.76. This is by far the cheapest of all packages. Although you might have to spend a lot more money than the two previous packages at the start, you will be saving a lot of money in the long run if you like the system.
If you don’t like the system, then you can avail of the 30-day money back guarantee.
For the payment methods, there are four ways to pay. It can be through credit cards (Master or Visa), through Paypal, through Bitcoin, or through Bank transfer.
If you select the Credit Card option, HideMyAss will provide you with an auto-renew option which means that after your subscription has ended, it will automatically be renewed and charged to your card. Of course, it is up to you whether you will choose it.
First of all, the system makes use of 3 protocols that you can choose from which are LLTP, L2TP, and OpenVPN. All of them make use of 256bit encryption. Now, let’s talk about the security features that the system offers.
First of all, it hides all of your information. It especially hides your IP address which hackers and trackers can use to access all of your personal data.
When there is an external party that wants to trace your IP address, the system will automatically give a fake IP address. This way, you will be safe from anyone who wants to hack into your system.
Also, HideMyAss allows you to use IP addresses from all parts of the world. If a certain website is banned in your country, no problem! You can use one of their servers that are located in another country and access the website.
You’d probably be a little bit uncomfortable with the connections logging feature (your connections time is kept by the system) but if we look past that disadvantage, there are a lot of benefits that you can get from the product.
It is cheaper compared to others, has a money-back policy, is compatible with all types of operating systems, and is overall a good quality product. We’d say that the pros outweigh the cons.